About Our Program
The mission of the University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program is to use research-based horticultural knowledge and practices to deliver educational outreach and project-based efforts that inspire change and promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet.
Fun Fact: In 2019, 2,408 U of MN Extension Master Gardener volunteers gave 143,821 hours of service to their communities, reaching over 195,124 Minnesota residents!
The Isanti County Master Gardener group has been around for many years. We volunteer our time and expertise in many ways throughout our community:
- Yard & garden answer line
- Information booths at the Cambridge Farmer’s Market on Saturdays and Isanti Farmer’s Market on Fridays (seasonally)
- Information booth at the Isanti County Fair
- Information booth at the Braham Pie Day
- School garden educational sessions
- Joint management of the Cambridge Community Garden with the City of Cambridge
- Adopt-a-Highway road cleanup
- Monthly gardening tips and advice in local newspapers